I came up with a novel idea. How about keeping a beauty store at home? Just like we keep a monthly grocery inventory, why not maintain something similar for our beauty needs? That would give us access to our all-natural beauty ingredients whenever we need them. I am going to try this out. Here is my list of top 15 natural products that I would surely include:
1. Baking Soda: This is one multitasking agent that you simply cannot do without. It is good for your skin, hair, teeth, and nails. You can also use baking soda to fight body odor. However, don’t go overboard with its use and always remember to do a patch test before you integrate it to your beauty routine.
2. Vinegar (white and apple cider): Vinegar is good for your skin and hair in more ways than one. When used in the right proportion, it treats dandruff, sunburn, acne, and pimple. You can use it on your hair to make it look shiny and on your skin as a toner. It also serves great in treating smelly feet.
3. Jojoba Oil: Structurally, this oil resembles sebum that lubricates and waterproofs our skin and hair naturally. This is why, jojoba oil functions as an excellent moisturizer. Quite interestingly, you can also use jojoba oil to control oil production in case you have over-active sebaceous glands. From dry cuticles and cracked feet to eczema and psoriasis, you can use this oil to treat a lot of conditions that result in dryness of the skin.
4. Castor Oil: Castor oil has been known to improve hair growth and reduce hair fall. You can also use it on your eyelashes for promoting a thick growth. It comes with skin rejuvenating properties as well and is a wonderful solution to acne and dry skin.
5. Coconut Oil: It is a skin and hair elixir. Not only can you use it to moisturize your skin and hair, but you can also use it to remove makeup. And yes, in case you are wondering, this ‘magic’ oil also does a decent job in removing your waterproof mascara.
6. Rosewater: It is an excellent cleanser and toner. You can mix it with a host of other ingredients to create soothing face packs. Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties and works wonders on skin irritation, dermatitis, acne, and eczema. Bonus — it smells heavenly.
7. Olive Oil: Using olive oil on your skin, hair, and nail will yield superb beauty benefits. You can also use it on your hands and legs as a natural lubricator before shaving. Olive oil is also safe for babies. You can use it on your little one’s bottoms to treat diaper rash.
8. Aloe Vera: If you are a proponent of natural products, chances are you already know about aloe vera. In fact, many of the beauty products have it as an essential ingredient. Aloe vera has soothing properties and works wonders on irritated skin. You can use it as a moisturizer and as an anti-aging agent.
9. Cucumber: All of us have seen pictures of women with cucumber eye pads. I am sure that many of us have tried that at least once. In case you have not used it yet, you must because this thing packs a lot of goodness. Use it to treat sunburn, dark circles, and puffiness of the eyes.
10. Oatmeal: Here is one thing that even people with a sensitive skin type can use. However, it is useful for all kinds of skin. Use it to remove dead skin, control oil secretion, and treat conditions like eczema and acne.
11. Coffee Grounds: Coffee grounds are the Nature’s answer to cellulite and under eye puffiness. You can even use it on your scalp to remove product buildup and eventually promote hair growth. To know how you can use coffee grounds in an amazing scrub, read my post here.
12. Lemon: Due to its many useful properties, lemon is often a popular choice that finds its way into several beauty packs. It helps in treating acne, lightening dark spots and blemishes, and reducing the oiliness in skin. Add lemon to your last rinse when shampooing you hair for an instant shine.
13. Gram Flour: This can replace your soap any day. Use it on your face for making it squeaky clean. I have discussed about a few beauty packs using gram flour. Do them out for inspiration.
14. Yogurt: Many experts advise against using yogurt alone directly on the face. However, you can easily mix it with a number of ingredients to make it a part of your beauty regime. It is known to fight acne, reduce sunburn, and prevent premature aging. If you are looking for a simple face pack, mx it with gram flour and sugar and rub it on your skin in gentle circular motion. You can use this pack every day.
15. Milk: If history is to be believed, this ingredient comes with Cleopatra’s certificate. What more do we need to prove its worth? It acts as a cleanser, soothes the skin, and improves complexion. Even if you don’t want to make it a part of your beauty routine, do include it in your diet.
So, what do you think of my list? Are you going to use any of these? Do you have your own secret beauty store in your home? Do let me know.
Articles you my enjoy: